9th Aug 2012

Faulty fridge causes fire

Buxton fire station - Courtesy of Geograph.co.uk

Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service have attended a fire caused by a fridge which was faulty and had previously been the subject of a recall.

A property of Kings Road in Buxton was damaged “quite seriously” by the blaze which was started by a faulty BEKO fridge freezer.

The owners were unaware the product was faulty and as a result the Fire Service are now urging people to check their BEKO fridge freezers to make sure they don’t own one of the ones being recalled.

All BEKO frost free fridge freezers with the 12 digit serial numbers starting with the digits 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 or 06 potentially have faults with the defrost timers.

Owners of these products should contact BEKO on 0800 009 4837 and they will arrange a free modification. Further information is available at www.beko.co.uk or www.tradingstandards.gov.uk


Tags: , , , , ,

Written by adam

Website:

  • G. Lossop

    This fault was extremely well publicised a while back !!

    One year ago to be exact, July 2011 !!