Fire crews were called to a Blaze at the Tann paper factory earlier today.
Glossop and Manchester Fire Services both sent engines to the fire. Three crews tackled the blaze using specialist aerial ladder equipment. It is believed that the fire was ignited by a faulty extractor fan.
All workers were evacuated safely from the building and no one was injured.
An eye witness who travelling past the incident told Glossop.com that “There was smoke everywhere but it looked like they had gotten everyone out and the Fire Brigade had it under control.”
A Fire Brigade spokesman confirmed that “Crews attended a fire at a business property on Shaw Lane in Glossop.”